Friday, April 15, 2011

The Whole "Broken In" Idea

It's less than a week till my new CD, Broken In, is supposed to show up on iTunes, CDbaby, and my doorstep.  I'm so thankful to everyone who's been a part of creating this project and can't wait to see what happens next.  I hope people enjoy the music, and even more, I hope they get the message.

The common thread connecting these 12 songs is the idea that life softens, stains, tears, and wrinkles us--and that this is a good thing.  In fact, it's THE thing that makes us usable by God and comfortable to be around.  That doesn't mean that every rip wasn't painful or every stain doesn't mar what we could or should have been.  It does mean we aren't as afraid of getting hurt or dirty anymore, so we're a lot more likely to actually get out and get something done.

When you hear my CD, you'll hear 12 versions of how this works for me.  Got any stories to share about how it works in your life?

No comments: